G’day, new here

people in the medical profession baffle me sometimes
Hehe, I think it's us human with very individual bodies which baffle them, cos they have the attitude and learn that only generalizations are truth. Also fits that they believe they are thinking scientifically. That's exactly what my GP says, who says on his sign in front of the office that he does acupuncture, homeopathy etc. He's seen for years how I overreact to loads of things, very unscientifically. If that's science, my body doesn't subscribe to it :ROFLMAO: . But it's not. Science is looking at reality neutrally, not with tons of preconceptions. The preconceptions often "paid for by pharmacy". Since I first looked at cancer studies decades ago in comparison to other "sciences", I realized all these so-called experts are just as human as fallible, and are jumping to conclusions all the time, because without that they wouldn't get anywhere. Presuppositions and false conclusions give them the hope that they know what they are doing. Of course this does lead to helpful ways of working on the body. But the gleanings are maybe 50%, not 90% like they like to believe (so they can go home happy).
Real scientists and good doctors know that they don't know much. There are regular articles in the medical journals imploring doctors to involve and co-operate with their patients more when it comes to what they might have and what might be best to do, considering how bad their rate of diagnosis is. I just tried to find it and just found something saying 4.3% as the lowest possible estimate, but I'm very sure it was more like 40% misdiagnosis. OK "doctors 40% misdiagnosis" brings up loads of the various types of problems that can happen for certain things. "According to the World Economic Forum, 40% of patients with a rare disease received more than one wrong diagnosis before the actual cause was found." Well, don't we know that we can add lots of other things that can go wrong, like decade long Odysses or just not finding the actual cause.

Again the main problem for me is that they don't like to admit their fallibility, but I think that's due to high expectations they put on themselves and people put on them. So that's one of the first things I always make sure my docs know: I don't expect anything from them, but if they have an idea, a suggestion, I'm listening, and if they are prepared to serve me, I'll be coming again.

This is so true. 😢 we too my dear grandson to the drs 3 times worrying about him. “ he has a virus they say”
Then he was gone and now live with what ifs and if onlys and now live in complete guilt.

We took my grandsons little sister to our local animal park today with my mom.
Hope you enjoy some of my pics.
How cute is that baby koala?
The red tail black cockatoos babies were so pretty.
EEDA09A3-A5A9-4D74-B1E3-BF538977BF9D.jpeg 033A8A7E-14DF-4E92-8EAC-0E142787C639.jpeg E338E1B0-F02C-4AC7-A6A7-3A8BF99E9265.jpeg 0434B066-1584-47CF-8C34-DA2F61474FC1.png

well another long day to the neurologist - I really like this doctor we get on well. his comment "well your a problem " showed we did not solve every thing but got an increase in my throid tabs,. got an increase in my essential tremor tabs actually I now take 2 Pinadone and Beta Blockers which should hold the tremors for a bit longer - as to the event of my shaking and loss of muscle control - the Cat scan did not show any thing abnormal we went through a number of possible reasons but none had the two elements of shaking and muscle loss so I have to go back for a full MRI which will also investigate the fibromyalgia type pain - which is a problem - I tell them that the pain is in the muscle but they keep referring to joint pain -some times they just do not hear or they are so used to treating for rheumatism that they think just because your old you must have it. well we will wait for the MRI

Sometimes they make decisions (without listening to us) and just stick to it (annoys me when they do that) sometimes it makes you feel not listened to and a bit insignificant, (hope you find the answers you need john salmon, cos you don't want to experience ^that^ again)
🍀👍🏻💚

Last edited:
Same with my drs, I tell them the pains in my joints, they tell me it’s the stenosis 🤦🏻‍♀️
I can tell the difference from joint pain to my “ normal” shooting stabbing numbness and tingling.
196A3953-06F1-4DF8-822E-4398E3872204.jpeg DBFF79D7-7A28-4E55-8AAD-6AD797C49827.jpeg AC2AA6FB-9898-4E23-AD1D-95B30C5769FD.jpeg
My daughter and her family have gone to Coffs Harbour (5 hours away) for a week and the holiday park has resident Roos. my 18 month old grandson loved em.

Roos!
I have never seen a kangaroo or wallaby in person. Friend of mine went to Oz and told me she was hiking and a whole herd (is that the right word?) of 20 or more kangaroos went bounding by only a couple hundred feet away from her. If I ever get to see that, it will be one of my peak experiences. I think Oz must be amazing. I wanna go.

Roos!
I have never seen a kangaroo or wallaby in person. Friend of mine went to Oz and told me she was hiking and a whole herd (is that the right word?) of 20 or more kangaroos went bounding by only a couple hundred feet away from her.
It is a great sight to see them in a ‘ mob’ , that’s what I’ve always known them by.
I have had kangaroos in the house all my growing life.
My moms parents had been carers of injured joeys and my mom had home made pouches hanging off door knobs or the back of chairs.
If I ever get to see that, it will be one of my peak experiences. I think Oz must be amazing. I wanna go.
I hope you get to get that experience crossed off your bucket list.

In the house!! Joeys hanging in pouches! Oh my god. That sounds so wonderful. Kangaroos are such unlikely animals. If someone made them up, everyone would laugh and say no animal could be like that. But that's Australia for you. Fantastic animals you won't find anywhere else in the world.

Thanks, Harpy, I hope I get to do that too. :-)

They sure are a Little oddly formed, we haves raised them from pinkies out the mothers pouch when their mums have been hit by a car.like our platypus and echidna’s, very unique lol

sunkacola - I had a number of sheep farming friends that would visit the farm during their travels around Australia - Its such a large country without the transport system you have in the USA so you usually can only see a little tine bit on each trip - I had a USA stud master who was going to Melbourne and he wanted me to drive down and have a beer with him - ( a 10 hour non stop over night drive) for me and Harpy to say have a beer - then that's a major trip if we decide to meet half way then we would be in the big empty
On the farm I usually had mobs of roo's I used to shoot them when I was young but now just enjoy them I raised one from a bit of skin to a fully grown fighting buck and enjoy it . We have some beautiful animals down here from a big red roo buck to a very small mouse like one that moves the same way - we have the "drop duck" - the wood duck that builds it nest in very high trees then when the little ones are ready to leave the nest they simply drop from the nest long before they can fly.
we have flood fire and drought as part of our normal life - we have a river where the yearly boat races are held (Henley on Todd Regatta) only when the river bed is dry!!. Only an aussie would think of holding a regatta in a dry river bed and get well and truly pissed off if it had water in it. Its a country that you visit and have a need to revisit

Back