G’day, new here

Well i survived yesterday, i had a very close experience,
My fish tank filter had stopped working so i tried to take it out but the cord I was pulling on was stuck, so reached back under and pulled it back down, got my scissors and cut it off.
Yes you guessed it I got a huge flash of light and a loud zapping sound ⚡😳🤦🏻‍♀️
Oh by scared the heck out of me and Ruined my scissors, I am so dang lucky the safety switch cut the power off.
So I gave up helping my fish and got some pliers and went down back to cut an old wire fence down , as I was almost finished the dang wire recoiled and sliced my arm. My old lady skin ripped too easily. A 10in slice .
Oh bugger me.
So gave up and went back inside.
My mom wrapped up my arm and I went to shops . Can hurt myself there.
Hang on it’s me lol 😝 yes I can 🤦🏻‍♀️

Oh dear @Harpy 🤗 🤗 🤗

You should know, if you want to cut a power cord, switch off at the main power board first, and wait a few minutes in case of residual power.

You'll know next time, but hopefully there won't be a next time. Did it all work out well with the fish?

We all do stupids, of course. There's a few times, without thinking, I've gone to grab something to prevent it falling. Like, something like a steel beam or such. Ahh me, the brain isn't so smart sometimes. ;):D

Oh dear @Harpy 🤗 🤗 🤗

You should know, if you want to cut a power cord, switch off at the main power board first, and wait a few minutes in case of residual power
Yeh I definitely was a dumbass 🤣 I did unplug the lead before I cut it . 🤦🏻‍♀️
Obviously I unplugged the heater cord instead.
You'll know next time, but hopefully there won't be a next time. Did it all work out well with the fish?
Luckily my fish are ok. My favourite fish is my ghost knife and he is growing nicely.

We all do stupids, of course. There's a few times, without thinking, I've gone to grab something to prevent it falling. Like, something like a steel beam or such. Ahh me, the brain isn't so smart sometimes. ;):D
Yeh our brains are smart, I just do stupid stuff at times.
Definitely learnt a valuable lesson.

@Harpy

eh I definitely was a dumbass 🤣 I did unplug the lead before I cut it . 🤦🏻‍♀️
Obviously I unplugged the heater cord instead.
hahahahahaha :D :D :D :D :D

So good to know the fish are okay.

Wow, you are a bit more of an early bird than I am, I'm a night owl!! Only got up early today as ex is staying here during renos at their place (hey, I'm really getting practice at standing my ground. Got to be an upside ;):D)

Well, I'm up now, better get to work, bookwork while I have brekky :D:D

Take care. Hugs 🤗🤗🤗🤗

Back