Arguing with yourself

@Auriel and @Badger seems like a mess all of us are in right now? I'm sorry it's so hard for various reason, physically, mentally and in practical l sense.
Thankfully this forum offers an opportunity to not only vent, but get support from others. I know I harp on, but I genuinely feel, despite when things are so hard, or perhaps because it's then we can't always see it, I really think we are all amazing.

Last edited:
@Auriel re help from drs
Unfortunately not it seems, the drs say there is no other medication they can give, some have poor bedside manner and the pain clinic refuse to see me, saying there's nothing more they can do. I did have a long chat with a rheumatology physio after the last lockdown who seemed to listen at least. A dr referred me after I contacted them re Universal Credit. He didn't seem to know my history and commented I didn't seem to want help to get better and back to work. I told him straight in short how I'm affected and what drs and the pain clinic have said. A nice big spliff would be something at least. Otherwise I can only try lifestyle changes to lessen the impact.

I took the physio advice such as walking a bit further each time, but for example the hamstring pain hasn't improved in years and holds me back.

@SBee I think I listen to too much paranormal stuff (yes it does feel like you've been drained of all energy, all heavy to me like a weighing down) 😔😴

Hi @Auriel @SBee @Badger

Head is a bit sideways at the moment, but I think I've got that, this :D

@SBee I think we are similar, I really do. I could have written the same, when I'm going well, I can get pretty involved, but sometimes, I prefer to curl up in my own little cave and hide away for a while :)

@Auriel I'm trying to design the layout for a kitchen. The little gremlins are laughing at me :D:D🐉🐉 I have a place to move to and dragging the chain in moving.

My neighbours are pretty bad, on one side. They have me intimidated. They are bullies, put simply, and I try to avoid them all the time. Apparently they treat everyone who lives in this house the same, under surveillance. Used to be just watching, but now they have cameras up. Ahh well, whatever floats their boat. I figure they have a brain glitch and cannot help themselves :):)

I figure I'm meant to be here to learn that "what other people think about me is none of my business".

when you say we carry the demon, does it mean you think we're possessed (have some kind of spirit attachment)
@Auriel I loved this. Don't take it the wrong way, I know they are around, but I don't think they have anything to do with fibro ;)

I think I listen to too much paranormal stuff (yes it does feel like you've been drained of all energy, all heavy to me like a weighing down) 😔😴
What do you mean by that? I'm curious, if that's okay :)🤗🤗

@Badger j

ust wondering are you doing? Any even slight improvement?
Is it still just biding time, carrying on moving and exercising gently without worsening symptoms? I know you are so willing to do as much as you can but the hamstring holding you back. Worth asking for extra physio?

Hi, I'm taking it easy thank you for asking, I tried a few half hr sessions of deep breathing yesterday which helped to settle a bit at least despite the pain. My neck and shoulders are sore today though after sleeping awkwardly. Unfortunately the hamstring stretches I tried aggravate the pain leaving my legs feeling quite shaky and sore. I take regular short walks at home to keep moving at least. How have you been @SBee

Nice one @Badger it always comes back to trying to maintain the balance on why given day\hour I feel. Move enough to not stiffen as much, but don't move 'wrongly ' to worsen pain of aggrevate the fatigue. Necessary but feels wearing some days to have to think about each movement? I was thinking the other day of the old Green Cross Code Man ( ages me I know!) Stop. Look. Listen. In a weird way it does help remind me to go carefully on bad days.
Thanks, I am improving now. Most days the symptoms are relatively constant, but last weekend it felt like I had been hit by a bus. Everything ramped up and that fatigue was a new level. Like you, going slowly and with extra consideration

The green cross code is a handy one to use, if it's a red light for Fibro we can stop and think it through. Hopefully pacing ourselves in 2nd gear will help on days where we might have otherwise overdone it.

@ hi @BlueBells, it was a response to sbee saying carrying a demon (me taking thing's literally and the fact I probably watch too much paranormal thing's and also agree that fibro or more so chronic fatigue has a heavy draining weighing down feeling to me)) though I do actually believe in otherworldly things ✨🧚🏼‍♀️✨

Hi @Auriel

Oh, there are definitely other dimensions, I know that, though I have no explanation. I also often take things too literally, so I understand that ;)

The heavy draining of fibro, wow, I get that!!! I realised about last Aug/Sep I came out from under a 'cloud' that I hadn't realised I was under, and I think may have been there 18 months or so. It suddenly felt like the sun coming to, like when there's been heavy overcast clouds and they dissipate to reveal a bright sunshine, warming, invigorating, encouraging, uplifting !!!!

Hardly that happens and everything else around me happens, so I'm stretching with fibro, but I'm so glad the cloud is gone. I've used the spell check heaps as my fingers are being over excited , I've figured fibro gremlins having some play time :D:D:D

Lots of hugs, 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 so many I want to reply to but I have so much pressure at the moment, good pressure, but trying to balance with fibro, that's a skill I'm sure we will all be forever honing ;)

Back