Arguing with yourself

That's the one @BlueBells Plugs out the bath and all the energy drained away with it. It can come on so suddenly and that just says a big STOP NOW. I think I'm in a stage where it's days of rest. Generally like you, I can work, rest and repeat and that's viable.
Thinking on things I think the ' emergency ' steroid injection from the hospital a few weeks back to lessen the RA symptoms has worn off.
But can't fight it as we know. slow and gentle the only way.

Watching for your own little gremlins ! ( I still love that thought! ) and many many hugs back to you.🤗😍

latterly when I have a major flare I retreat to my computer/radio room and type Gaza into my browser seeing the pain and suffering in that place usually makes my pain of no consequence
A recent BBC documentary 'the other war' about the conflict really hit home with evidence of children being targeted.

when the plug is pulled, is that what you mean?
I've known it as the likes of pulling an electrical plug out of the wall leaving one without energy. It's an awful and strange feeling when we shut down. There are very helpful descriptions of Fibromyalgia on the forum I've used when trying to explain it to others. Comes in handy with brain fog.

Thinking about brain fog there, does anyone else get the feeling if one symptom flares up all the others join in the fun? I know if the fatigue hits worse the brain fog makes my mind falter and words become harder to find or say. That kind of makes sense to me in that the mental\ physical sides of fatigue and brain power are linked. But, and am sure this is obvious or plain daft to ask, but for me, I get days where every single symptom just gets exaggerated?
Sorry, am still quite new to dealing with all this mess,trying to work out what constitutes ' normal behaviour ' but am sure plenty of members will just say yes, that's how it goes. I need some sense knocked in me today!

Thinking about brain fog there, does anyone else get the feeling if one symptom flares up all the others join in the fun? I know if the fatigue hits worse the brain fog makes my mind falter and words become harder to find or say. That kind of makes sense to me in that the mental\ physical sides of fatigue and brain power are linked. But, and am sure this is obvious or plain daft to ask, but for me, I get days where every single symptom just gets exaggerated?
Sorry, am still quite new to dealing with all this mess,trying to work out what constitutes ' normal behaviour ' but am sure plenty of members will just say yes, that's how it goes. I need some sense knocked in me today!
Yes, it is very common that when one thing flares up others will join in the fun.

The reason for that is, of course, that when you start to feel fatigue it will make the pain more noticeable, and when you start having pain you will naturally get more fatigued. Both are likely to take so much of your energy, both physically and mentally, that brain power will suffer, making the phenomenon of words being hard to find more likely to occur.

A human being (or any other living organism, for that matter) is not a body separate from a mind, of course. It is all one completely interconnected organism, being operated in large part by billions of micro organisms that compose our microbiomes. Everything communicates with everything else, so no matter how or where some part of you is affected, every other part of you will be also affected in one way or another. So fatigue and brain power are not just linked; they are intricately connected, as is every other part of us.

In fact, the whole Earth is like this as well. Completely interconnected, every single thing and every organism with every other, and this has been thoroughly proven. I suspect that the entire universe is that way as well although as yet our knowledge of the universe is too small for us to be able to prove it.

latterly when I have a major flare I retreat to my computer/radio room and type Gaza into my browser seeing the pain and suffering in that place usually makes my pain of no consequence
@johnsalmon @Badger

That would never work for me. I pretty much avoid news, as it is so bad it brings me down very quickly, instantly at times.

If I'm already struggling, I cannot carry more. I think I have more emotional pain than physical pain, somehow. The empath in me is about had it! :(

Well I was supposed to go house hunting today (I had sleep last night but I literally feel like I've had about 3 hours. It's sooo weird 🙄) I feel literally trapped where I am (I've got my no contact sibling feeding false info to the next door neighbour, and now she's made acquaintance with the neighbour the opposite side, probably info gathering or twisting and spreading "again" ) also my electric keeps going off (it's gonna cost hundreds to fix) and the owner's not doing anying? (I think they want me to pay myself like the last time) only this forum can understand what it's like with the fibro AND trying to manage all this
🤗😙💞

Morning @Auriel (😘) No, in my case and I assume from the original @Badger post, is more using the word demon in the metaphorical sense, carrying what can feel like a very unfriendly, heavy unwarranted ' burden ' seems to suck the good out and replace it with bad when I am in a flare ?

@BlueBells when I feel or actually am overwhelmed with symptoms I make myself stay away from bad sad news? I see it as self protection to avoid making things worse? I am usually and avid news reader,generally make comments ( or get shouty ) at most news subjects.
But right now I avoid news, or search out happier fluffy stories! Same with tv choices of reading, can only deal with light stuff that doesn't overtax my thoughts or brain.
I too send 🤗 and 😍

@Auriel it's both at the moment. I've been quite sore and washed out with poor sleep. My mood has not been too good and brain fog is making it difficult. Nerve pain in my arms has flared up with the warmer weather and old injuries such as shin splints have joined in. This on top of the usual chronic pain from other old injuries and nausea. Hopefully breathing exercises will help to settle down a bit and stick to a gentle pace. Perhaps stress that family and friends are going through has thrown me too.

Fingers crossed for you getting out of that situation soon and finding a new home.

@SBee that's right it was the metaphorical sense.

I always find having a chat with someone makes me feel a bit better @Badger (don't make pain stop, but that's what helps me a bit) is there nothing the drs can do/give you to help the older injury? 💚

Back