Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2022
Country
US
State
NY
I was diagnosed w fibro & cfs in 2022 & on 60 mg cymbalta for awhile. Recently I’m experiencing discomfort around my jaw & mouth area along w severe head pain. NSAIDS help a little some days but not always. Anyone know if this stood fibro?

I was diagnosed w fibro & cfs in 2022 & on 60 mg cymbalta for awhile. Recently I’m experiencing discomfort around my jaw & mouth area along w severe head pain. NSAIDS help a little some days but not always. Anyone know if this stood fibro?
Any time there is a new pain or symptom it is important to have it checked out by your doctor. It's easy for those of us with fibro to attribute everything that comes up to fibro because it has so many symptoms. But you should always, always take ay new thing to your doctor.

Jaw pain and headaches can be caused by many different things, and you need to find out what is going on so that it can be properly addressed. It could be caused by tension, making you clench or grind your teeth at night while you are asleep, for instance, and if that were the cause it can be corrected. Of course I am not saying that's the cause, just mentioning one possibility. See your doctor.

Recently I’m experiencing discomfort around my jaw & mouth area along w severe head pain. NSAIDS help a little some days but not always. Anyone know if this stood fibro?
I never blame fibro for anything until I've excluded all other possibilities, and even then I keep looking.

In my experience meds would just suppress and fog over the cause / trigger.
Of course the head pain also fogs over, so if a med would help get the head clear enough to detect the origin and no other possibility, then I'd try, but only then.

My jaw pain had 8 reasons, dentist couldn't see anything at first, but later, but I think the root inflammation was a product of other problems, trigeminal, psychosomatic, gum inflammation and more.

I have the same issues. Two things that helped me: muscle relaxer and these exercises my pt gave me. Most likely the muscle where your top and lower jaw connect is extremely tight. I would advise seeing a PT that specializes in Fibro./myofascial .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back