fybro and flu like symptoms

I hate waking up and seeing what part of my body is going to go against me that day.
I think that everyone finds their own way to manage this to the best of their ability.
I have a little tip for you, something that helps me, just in case it helps you. (I hope it does)

Instead of thinking of some part of my body going against me (I used to do that too), I turn that around and instead think of that part of my body as needing extra love and care that day.

So, when I wake up and right away I know I will have trouble and pain with my legs that day, rather than thinking my legs are working against me I sort of "ask" my legs what they need today to feel better. In other words, I try to treat my body as if it were a vulnerable pet I loved and wanted to care for, doing whatever is needed any given day for that part to feel better.

Maybe it's just to tell myself and my legs that we don't have to go anywhere today, or maybe it's a hot shower, or a slow walk or maybe a heating pad or some Arnica cream.......whatever seems to be the thing my legs "want".

that way, instead of having an adversarial relationship with my body I have a cooperative one.
Just an idea....like I say, it helps me a lot so I thought I would mention it.

T
I think that everyone finds their own way to manage this to the best of their ability.
I have a little tip for you, something that helps me, just in case it helps you. (I hope it does)

Instead of thinking of some part of my body going against me (I used to do that too), I turn that around and instead think of that part of my body as needing extra love and care that day.

So, when I wake up and right away I know I will have trouble and pain with my legs that day, rather than thinking my legs are working against me I sort of "ask" my legs what they need today to feel better. In other words, I try to treat my body as if it were a vulnerable pet I loved and wanted to care for, doing whatever is needed any given day for that part to feel better.

Maybe it's just to tell myself and my legs that we don't have to go anywhere today, or maybe it's a hot shower, or a slow walk or maybe a heating pad or some Arnica cream.......whatever seems to be the thing my legs "want".

that way, instead of having an adversarial relationship with my body I have a cooperative one.
Just an idea....like I say, it helps me a lot so I thought I would mention it.
Thank you very much. I guess I am still in the early stages of trying to understand this whole illness.

Back