Amino acids have nearly done away with my fibromyalgia

Can you share the supps you recommend?
Hi Dawn - I'm not sure how you mean this, the thread is full of various supps, would it help if they were listed? And do you mean everyone or someone specific? (Unfortunately if we reply to posts no one can tell which post it was, unless we quote from it, by marking and then clicking on reply...)

The problem is that it's hard to "recommend" anything, because so much depends on the individual symptoms, our reactions to them, our co-morbidities.... There's about 50 I'd suggest to try.

hi mrstiggywinkle,
i just saw your post and wondered how you were doing atm? i have recently been adding l argagine and others to my pack and have noticed a real increase to my energy since adding the l arganine. it is early days but i am feeling optimistic.
over the years i have noticed i can get a boost with certain amino acids but never really been able to pin down an exact one. i take quite a cocktail currently and have been stabilized with many bedridden during the week. however, since the l arganine addition, i haven't had a full bedridden day and am hoping this could be the way forward. your post gave me hope.
kind regards,
rachell

I've done a lot of digging and I don't know how many times I've read that L-arginine helps with fibro pain. That's exactly why I went and bought it. I intend to start taking it because of all the benefits articles say there are for fibromyalgia using L-arginine. So apparently it does have something to do with fibro.

Yes. I've read that amino acid can help with fibro. I went out and bought mine to try to. It's nice to know that they actually are helping real people and it's not just on a study. You really helped me with my decision. Worth a try

I've watched a lot of things on YouTube and started googling what the videos talked about which led me to amino acid. L-arginine was the first one that came up to help fibromyalgia. It explained how it helped, so I continued to research it. There are so many articles on L-arginine and thiamine. So much so that I went out and bought 1000mg L-arginine supplements. I also checked to make sure it didn't interfere with my meds. I am going to take that with my fish oil, magnesium, vitamin b complex, vitamin c and d. I take l-lysine and was happy to find that the 2 work hand in hand on several things. After reading the reviews of L-arginine for fibro, I had to give it a shot. Not to mention the muscle relaxers, anti-inflammatory and the naltrexone that the doctors have prescribed. I will probably start the other supplement she said because that was another that I read about. I'm hoping to eventually end all the meds doctors gave me, if I find these supplements to work because the prescribed ones really don't work much. After fibro flare and laying around crying, for 3 days, I am going to try just about anything.

I'm another interested in trying L-arginine, I am currently using next to no medications as I'm using a product called Biofullerene water, apparently its a carbon molecule and it has worked wonders for my pain, there are also oil based forms but I'm using the water. It has no taste and is easily taken diluted in water. Unfortunately I don't think its helping with the fatigue or brain fog bad sleep etc but defiantly has reduced my pain a lot. I also have a diagnosis of slow blood flow syndrome on one of my arteries and if L-arginine increases blood flow it might be a plus for me.

Always good to hear about non-prescription things that have helped people.
Unfortunately, nothing helps everyone, since we all are different.
But anything that a person feels the "gut level" urge to try, assuming that it's healthy to try it and not contraindicated by other medical conditions the person has, is worth a shot because you never know what might help!

Thank you for the response and I agree.
I was encouraged to try carbon 60 by someone I see for massages and being as it has no chemicals I was interested. I did some research to find someone else had tried it and had been able to come off nearly all their medications. As for side effects I wasn't sure but in the end the side effects have only been positive and I've currently been using now for 20 months. The other positive effects for me so far are reduced sun burn and as I usually get itchy from non gentle laundry detergents this has become much less. I went to Bali last year and took my own laundry detergent as in the past I would breakout in itchy welts all over. I totally forgot about using their towels but realised later that I only had mild itching and no welts. This was a very comforting bonus for me. I did have a pain flareup though when in the first few days I got sick but it settled reasonably quick, so definitely not free of flareups when I get sick. But under normal conditions my pain is way less and I'm able to do most things around the house which had become an issue prior to taking biofullerene. Would I recommend anyone to try it, 100%
Unfortunately I don't think it has helped my fatigue or brain fog though, so looking for something to help these now.

For anyone taking l-arginine....are you taking 1,000 mg a day, or what? I am interested in possibly giving it a try, and would like to know what dosage people are doing. thanks.

Back