New member 36F

nikki0818

Hi, I was diagnosed in August of this year, after years of many many symptoms and countless GP appointments.
The same GP kept telling me there was nothing wrong but no one knows their body better than themselves (am I right) so long story short I changed my GP and he finally heard me! He had time to sit and listen to me drone on and on about my pain etc and the appointment got a little emotional on my part, the 'finally!' feeling swept over me.
I do feel I have to play down my symptoms sometimes, which I think may be magnifying them? Does anyone else feel like this.. I do take regular medication but once it starts to wear off and I'm having an off day I have ZERO energy and feel like I could sleep for a year. I may hibernate the winter through because god knows my body could do with the rest.

Apologies for the long ish post. I just wanted other people to chat to that go through the same kind of thing.

If you made it down here thank you so much for reading 😊

Hello @nikki0818 I found the initial fibromyalgia diagnosis a relief at first, finally believed and kind of validated. But then after that came the
' Ok, I know what it is - so what do I do with it now ' ??

I definitely downplayed my symptoms to other people rather than myself - again,fear of not being believed, or others not understanding the symptoms and how it effects me. ( most still dont get it ) But as Ive slowly understood more about fibromyalgia and listened better to my body, I care less about others opinions. I am learning to live with fibro, I dont like it,but I accept it better now and that helps me live in a different way to how I was but I no longer waste energy fighting it.

The chronic fatigue is a pig to deal with. Its a case for me, of learning to exercise gently and try to stop doing too much before we push too far as that can take hours\days to recover from. Take a good look at other posts and ask anything. Bound to be someone who can offer advice and support.

Hi @SBee thanks for responding, we seem to be kind of on the same path. I definitely don't fully understand it yet but I am working on not going beyond my capabilities. The fatigue is unreal I didn't think I could ever be this tired and still function. Thank you again for your reply ☺️

Back