How to Understand Someone With Chronic Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messing around with origami a couple of years ago I realized my crane could look like a dragon and made a Welsh flag pic with it standing on some green and white paper.
It's cool! 👍🏻

So Kamie posted a cleverly constructed meme with
a small squeaky clean guy alone and strongly dragging
"fibro pain panagment management", shown as an enormous squeaky clean Trojan horse,
containing "flare triggers" (Greek) bad bad minion warriors (the good guys),
bringing it to some other squeaky clean nice guys, Trojans (the bad guys), who say "welcome back" and
over it a caption saying "Because fibro caused me to forget the last time..."

To not spoil the joke - which you're probably all getting - with my dumbness,
I'll try to unravel it here, but praps y'all gotta help me...
I'm not sure if there's anything of it I get yet at all! 🤯
But at the same time it strikes a chord that it might be going deeper than it first seems.
Whether that turns out correct or not it might be worth perusing upon...
esp. after another riddle lately that definitely was for me... 😼

The easiest seems to be the hidden flare triggers. These seem to undermine our efforts to manage the pain. The caption meaning: fibro (fog) makes us forget that they're there, but hidden.
So the fog makes us forget them our triggers, "hides" them.
Leading to pain flaring up, despite our management of fibro.
Perfectly true it appears.

First objection: If the pain didn't flare, what would there be to manage? A constant low level page pain is OK to get used to for many. So praps this type of pain management is only directed at constant medium to high level pain, but without flares. But isn't fibro management something that necessarily focuses on strategies to cope with pain when it's there and doesn't main necessarily change around and fluctuate a bit?

Pain management isn't trigger hunting, agreed. And fibro fog makes both harder, so we blunder into known triggers we might have been able to prevent as well as forgetting that as yet unknown or new or lone gone triggers are always lurking. That's trigger hunting fo' ya.
But I keep thinking it says "pain management", not the more all-embracing "fibro management". That would mean even more than pain management, so I'd've thought trigger hunting is right up top too.
So a fibro management that doesn't see the triggers isn't fibro management, it's mismanagement 💯%.

So shouldn't better than "fibro management" be something like "Look, my fibro's fine today!"...? The horse is the looking good outer appearance, the triggers are inclusive but blended out by ourselves and the others.

Otherwise I'd've had to ask who the heck the guy is - is it a pain management doctor who doesn't understand how hard fibro is, bringing his clever theory to the fibromites? But then "Welcome back" doesn't fit.
Why "welcome back"? What from? Is the guy a fibromite that's been to the pain (management) clinic, and learnt some kind of "fibro management" in theory - which as it isn't focusing on triggers is obviously mismanagement?

Where is a fibromite by the way? I can't see one... But then we don't look like fibromites, do we...

OK, how does the Trojan horse story go? The Greeks place it close to the walls of Troy and the Trojans drag it in themselves. Then these are all fibromites, that's why he's "back", and with him he's brought a new idea of management, but once inside the fibro community the triggers are gonna wreak mayhem, it's the management of it that is causing the problem, without it there wouldn't be any triggers ⁉️Nope.

So I have to return to the solution to adapt it to read "Feeling Good today". The Trojans are just 'nice people', our family and friends, and the triggers are making it hard for them. Good guys in this story.

So "Because fibro caused me to forget the last time"... would then mean: "last time" we tried to socialize, the strain of it was a flare trigger, but we couldn't see it, cos of the enjoyment / cortisol and our fog made us forget that it is there even if we don't see it.

So this pic is a reminder to always take our limits into account even if we are feeling good around people.... Yeah, I know, you knew this all along... Well, am I demonstrating fibro fog or just Jay fog?...
Or am I just understanding "Fibro management" wrong?

Maybe it's a cultural thing. We consider Trojan horses to always be bad. Deceptive/misleading in a bad way. We don't put it in the context of the actual good guys and bad guys.

Looking at th meme again, the fibro management might be poorly phrases. It's more like supplement, activity, medication. I had them all there but it took up so much room 😂. Now I need to update it lol

"I am dead" is by a 'real artist' here. My wife thinks it's macabre, I love it.

Attachments

• pix 10 I cant remember the last time I was comfortable.jpg
    pix 10 I cant remember the last time I was comfortable.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 83
  • erl 2020-12-26 #6 Pix 10 i-am-dead-crop-u13049.jpg
    erl 2020-12-26 #6 Pix 10 i-am-dead-crop-u13049.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 78
  • erl 2021-03-09 #92 pix 10 just because you see me posting online.jpg
    erl 2021-03-09 #92 pix 10 just because you see me posting online.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 90
  • erl 2020-12-26 #4 Pix 10 Person who wants to do a lot of things trapped in a body that doesnt.jpg
    erl 2020-12-26 #4 Pix 10 Person who wants to do a lot of things trapped in a body that doesnt.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 82
  • erl 2020-12-26 #5 Pix 10 ThoughtIWasFakingThis HU 2021-10-26 + 2022-03-11.jpg
    erl 2020-12-26 #5 Pix 10 ThoughtIWasFakingThis HU 2021-10-26 + 2022-03-11.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 80
  • erl 2021-03-12 #91 pix 10 I'm not wasting.jpg
    erl 2021-03-12 #91 pix 10 I'm not wasting.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 79
  • erl pix 9 Top 10 Things Not to Say 2022-02-26.jpg
    erl pix 9 Top 10 Things Not to Say 2022-02-26.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 84
  • erl pix 9 Top 10 ways to support 2022-02-26.jpg
    erl pix 9 Top 10 ways to support 2022-02-26.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 76
  • erl pix 10 6 views on fibromyalgia 2022-02-26.jpg
    erl pix 10 6 views on fibromyalgia 2022-02-26.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
@JayCS .........Just a gentle reminder.....we have a special thread for memes and such things, because it is best to post those things there. :)

Just a gentle reminder.....we have a special thread for memes and such things, because it is best to post those things there
Yeah, I very much realize that, that's the Humour thread... and I'm contributing my humour memes there.
But this thread here is one I started specifically for resources including memes that are more for showing others how it is to have fibro and can be very serious, not funny. Like I said in my OP....
I'd suggest this thread can also become a place to collect memes and pics that are too serious to fit in the "Touch of Humor" thread, like this page
Whilst there is a bit of overlap, none of the 9 above nor those on page 1 are funny.
And if people are looking for a laugh, then this is more the opposite of what we would be looking for.
Like several of us were a few hours ago, so I posted some funny ones over there.
Whilst if someone is looking for memes to show family & friends this would be the thread.

Any objections?

Last edited:
Whilst there is a bit of overlap, none of the 9 above ..... are funny
ummm, beg to differ, but i do find a couple humorous... while also being more serious at the same time...

and now i am wondering if the one i posted in the humor thread would actually go better here.... 🤔

ummm, beg to differ, but i do find a couple humorous... while also being more serious at the same time...
Yeah, that's what I meant with overlap - true, I oversimplified.
and now i am wondering if the one i posted in the humor thread would actually go better here.... 🤔
I'm also unsure - yes, it's serious, I don't think it's that funny, but maybe it's more "internal" = amongst us, rather than something that will help others understand? Things that defy pigeon-holing could go in both?
Which real artist are you referring to? 😯
"I am dead" is part of an oil painting, painted by a painter who paints for a living, here in Germany.
Whilst you're the best, realest "meme artist" I've ever come across, and you're here on the forum! 👐

Last edited:
I quite like the "i am dead" meme I think he's very cute. 😚

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back