Gone potty? Plants gardens and lawns .

I stick to plants easy names, there botanical names are rediculas 🤦🏻‍♀️ I can’t pronounce most of them .
Ah, the "rediculas" - I love that "flower" 🤣
The easy names vary so much, are sometimes vague and used wrongly (even by shops and good websites), and for translation, I "need" the botanical ones. But when walking round the garden or the streets I do use my chosen easy one - I like "recognizing" each and saying hello.
Botanical 'hydrangea' is Hortensia in German btw, 'taxus' is Eibe, 'buxus' Buchsbaum.... all words where the English use the botanical name. Medical terms in everyday language the Germans simplify too: The esophagus = "food pipe". A gastroscopy = "stomach mirroring". sinus = "side cavity".

A05F1645-EC84-406D-84BD-432254480662.png
Found another flower for you JayCs , think it’s an easy peasy one.

Oh bugger, you got me there, 🙏 I thought it was a double flower jonquil 🤦🏻‍♀️ lol
:D Hmm, both have various sorts and a pic with leaves'd help the app ...
Jonquils can be yellow or white, up to 5 in a bunch, but leaves are "rush-like"; bunch-flowered daffodils are white (with a yellow corona), up to 8 in the bunch....

Last edited:
There such a pretty flower.
They are long lasting flowers too.
I may head off the the nursery and find more colours😃 see if they too can add some winter colour to my dog garden 😊
I am loving all my bulbs and the two rings Ins lol. I figure they may have been a bulb in another plant I have brought.

Well you thought you could see a bird posing as a flower then the photo starting being an optical illusion to me where I thought I was seeing things that may or may not be there 😄

Back