Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
US
State
FL
Hi everyone, being a newbie, I hope I utilize this forum appropriately and without my colorful vocabulary 😉
I'm just stuck in the worst cycle of body pain and migraines all related to these storms that tend to get close enough to cause me grief, but not SO close where the water-starved land actually gets the benefit.
Today, I get the headaches and pain on my body all over that feels like hundreds of invisible binder clips pinching my skin. And still. No rain.
I've been playing Animal Crossing, then coloring on my phone, anything to distract me from getting snippy with my family. I'm going to step off my rant- box, take some advil, make a smoothie and sit on an ice pack some more.

How do you like to distract yourself from pain?
Sending extra spoons and healing vibes out tonight 🥄💜

Hiya @Scrappin4Spoons so you're a girl after my own heart having to reign in the sweary words. May I point out the thread for venting? I know any.dodgy language won't make it online but it's a great place to moan. Btw I am in the UK so some of my clean words might not make sense to some. But yeah, I am a very sweary ranty person where I can get away with it! 😂

Even here in the UK it seems the humid weather is affecting our fibro and on a rheumatoid arthritis forum I use, the humidity has a negative affect on the arthritis as well. It's a little cooler today which may help things settle to what passes as normal in fibromyalgia...

Distraction wise is so individual. I still try to move - gently- as much as I can, helps the pain and stiffness but distracts. I also like a bit of chair yoga, again to help the body ( and mind ) but it makes me feel an am doing something kind to my body. And I need to get outside every day. Nature in any form benefits my spirit.

A huge part of living with chronic conditions is trying to achieve a level of acceptance. Which is bloody hard but genuinely helps. @sunkacola particular has written some really good posts on this. I think, for me, it's detrimental to fight what I can't alter, it makes me down, and mental and physical health have a knock on effect on each other.

I wish you a better day and send healing vibes back at you - because I know these work. 😍

@SBee , what a great post.

First, I agree that sometimes it's helpful just to VENT, and members here can do that on the forum in the "vent" section (or elsewhere, for that matter, we don't police it). Sometimes I even scream into a pillow. I go outside for this because it would upset my dogs, even if I went into another room, because they'd sense the energy. sometimes that helps, though.

Also, yes, humidity can really affect our bodies. I live in a desert, so the majority of the year it is very dry here, which seems to suit me both emotionally and physically. but we get summer monsoons, which are starting now. People here start to complain about the humidity the minute monsoon starts. Now, I've lived in truly Humid places, like a rain forest and also a tropical jungle, for instance, and what we get in the desert doesn't even deserve to be called humidity compared to that! But it's all in what your body is used to or can take, and the minute that humidity level creeps up my body starts to feel as though it's rusting.

Achieving a level of acceptance is so important. I have found that the more I can work with my body (as opposed to fighting what I cannot change), and the more I can find acceptance for what is in this moment, the more inner peace I can have. And the more inner peace I have, the less my body hurts. Not saying it's a cure.....I still have pain! And I still often lack inner peace, also! But I believe that mental and physical can be mitigated at least a little bit just by the relaxing effect of practicing acceptance.

Good suggestions and advice - I'm realizing I have a lot of work to do!!
I apologize if I posted to the wrong spot - I thought there was one forum for the venting 😬
It's a process 🤷‍♀️
The afternoon storms have moved in again and my body feels like a ball of ick - but I am thankful for my cats, soft blanket and booties 🥰

Hey @Scrappin4Spoons - no apologies! I think having different sections just helps forum members find a thread by a section that feels most relevant to them? The vent bit certainly seems most relevant to me at times....

And loads of us might start answering to a specific post and then kind of like any conversation the post twists and turns away from the original point. But I say vent whenever and wherever if you need to.

Yeah I'm pretty newly diagnosed so have a lot of work and understanding to do as well. All of us find it a continuing process I guess.
Fibro changes it's mind every day as to how it can affect me, probably all of us so I just do best I can any day, but try not to beat myself up as much of its not as much as I wanted to .

My hands are stiffening now so I'm off to bed - but have one of my cats by My side right now too. Keep your comforts around you. We need them 😍

Hi! New here but not new to Fibro at all. I saw a study that said people who swear tend to be more intelligent! Sounds like a good excuse so I'm going with it.....

One thing that helps me on bad pain days is a semicircle shaped pillow stuffed with flax seed and covered in Polartec that can be heated in the microwave and worn around the neck, packed behind your lower back, etc.

Hi! New here but not new to Fibro at all. I saw a study that said people who swear tend to be more intelligent! Sounds like a good excuse so I'm going with it.....

One thing that helps me on bad pain days is a semicircle shaped pillow stuffed with flax seed and covered in Polartec that can be heated in the microwave and worn around the neck, packed behind your lower back, etc.
Hahahaha, I like this! I'm not sure if we're allowed to say the name of the pillow you use so I could look into it? Or maybe DM me the name?
The heat, humidity and storms have not let up 🤷‍♀️

Hahahaha, I like this! I'm not sure if we're allowed to say the name of the pillow you use so I could look into it? Or maybe DM me the name?
The heat, humidity and storms have not let up 🤷‍♀️
It's fine to say the name of a pillow or any other product that you have found helpful. Just don't post any links, as outside links are not permitted. If you ever want to tell people about something, whether it's an article or a product, just tell them where to find it, like: "It's on Amazon, and it's called ____", or say "You can find the article online by typing in "Article on blahblah..."

It's fine to say the name of a pillow or any other product that you have found helpful. Just don't post any links, as outside links are not permitted. If you ever want to tell people about something, whether it's an article or a product, just tell them where to find it, like: "It's on Amazon, and it's called ____", or say "You can find the article online by typing in "Article on blahblah..."
Thank you!

I have a friend in Florida that is dealing with much of what you have described, regarding the storms. And she does not have fibro! She does pretty much the same as you: comfy pillows, slippers recliners, and her cats! Take care through the storms.

Stay as still as you can in high humid. At home get a dehumidifier. Best ones are around £150 - £200. Leave on at 60%. Any lower is to expensive.

But, there is a plus to a dehumidifier!

If you have space for an indoor clothes horse, you will not need a tumble drier. As when your clothes dry (in same room as dehumidifier), it smells lovely and your clothes are dry in 24 hours.

So, it’s cheaper to have a dehumidifier than to have a tumble dryer.

People are now changing to this method instead. As a tumble dryer can cost £1:50 per dry. A dehumidifier at 60% will be less than £0:70 per day.

Back