Staggering after fairly strenuous work in garden

• Thread starter Thread starter SMcP
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured

SMcP

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced episodes of staggering
Basically started staggering an hour or so after working in garden, and was still unsteady the next morning before eventually eased.
This has happened twice in the last three months and more recently was really unwell with vertigo following gardening work.
I was diagnosed with fibro six years ago and this is the first time my body has reacted in this way following fairly moderate physical activity. Just not sure if specifically linked to fibro or could be a sympton of another medical condition

I definitely recommend that you see your doctor about this.
The thing about fibromyalgia is that the symptoms are so many and so varied that anything that starts happening we all have a tendency to attribute it to fibro. But that's a dangerous thing to do.

Staggering, vertigo, dizziness, anything like that can be caused by many things, some of which can be very serious. You need to make an appointment ASAP to see your doctor and talk to them about this.

This is happening to me now but i believe it originates from the neck where the deep pounding and throbbing has obviously affected the nerves which wrap around the head and behind the eyes. When that happens my legs go weak and I feel off balance as well.
Sometimes activity will eventually loosen up the body and give improvement as opposed to doing nothing.,
I am way to young for this but it is very real.

@Jamesy as Sunkacola suggests above to another member, it should be worth speaking to a Dr to ensure nothing else is going on heath wise.

If your instincts prove it is from your neck maybe ask about some targeted physiotherapy to see if that helps?

I agree a balanced way of movement is better than total rest, but that balance is sometimes hard to find - too little can be as detrimental as too much. Take care

Thanks everyone for comments. I have discussed issue with GP recently and currently monitoring situation to see if any further episodes, in which case will request further investigation. At the moment it appears issues experienced relate to too much physical exertion with fibro condition, however I don’t want to assume this is the only reason

Back