Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
1/2001
Country
US
State
CA
Does anyone else suffer from under the skin lumps, I have in the skin of my stomach and above close to my ribs and the bottom of my breasts. My ribs hurt when I touch them. I also have a very sore spot that is almost numb to the right of my left shoulder, and feels like an electric shock sometimes. I have had fibro since 2002. Symptoms are worse as I get older. I also have urinary problems, feel like I have a UTI but I don't. I get stressed and pee a lot. Constipation. I have read that all of that is fibro related. Menopause too I guess. Anyone else? God Bless us all!

Have you seen a doctor about these lumps? Any new symptom should immediately be checked out by a doctor, and never assumed (even though we all find it easy to do so) to be a symptom caused by fibromyalgia. Under the skin lumps are not commonly found in people with fibro, so I suggest a trip to the doc asap.

the sore spot with electric shock feeling sounds like a neurological issue or a pinched nerve.....again, see a doctor. Also the feeling as if you have a UTI needs to be investigated separately.

Hello @GenMarie UTI s are quite common in perimenopause and menopause quite often linked with vaginal atrophy. As @sunkacola suggests worth speaking with a d for your various symptoms
Vaginal atrophy can be treated with great success of that's the case of the feeling of a UTI.

I second @sunkacola question: have you seen a doctor about this? If not, I would begin with a dermatologist. It's possible they could be harmless cysts and can be treated. But also possible it could be something more serious. Always see a doctor whenever something new arises. I understand you wanting to see if anyone else here has the same issue, but even if they did you should still have it checked out.

God bless you too! 🙏🫂

Have you seen a doctor about these lumps? Any new symptom should immediately be checked out by a doctor, and never assumed (even though we all find it easy to do so) to be a symptom caused by fibromyalgia. Under the skin lumps are not commonly found in people with fibro, so I suggest a trip to the doc asap.

the sore spot with electric shock feeling sounds like a neurological issue or a pinched nerve.....again, see a doctor. Also the feeling as if you have a UTI needs to be investigated separately.
Just don't tell the doctor in advance that you have fibromyalgia, or they will jump to the same conclusion - symptom is caused by that. This is what happened to me when I went to a friend's doctor when I was unable to focus with outdoor (sun) and indoor glasses. Given our one symptom per visit rule, I had trouble incorporating my question of whether or not the pain in the left occipital bone had any bearing on the vision disorder. Without any kind of examination she impatiently brushed it off as being related to tight muscles in the neck. Then she added, you have fibromyalgia, don't you, it's probably that.

I'm male so I don't know about that other stuff:), but I do have many lipomas (both hard and soft) all over my body. Some painful and others I only found when I was massaging a sore muscle or joint.

The first time I found a painful lump was in the middle of my shin. I had to push to get the doctors to do anything, because they thought it was a cyst growing on a nerve. The doctors removed it and let me "play" with it. It was the size of a pea and hard like an gummy eraser. They send it to the lab and the lab is who told us it was a tumor made of fat cells.

I remember before having it removed the doctor warned me that it might still hurt after the removal. He was right, but it only hurts a few times a year now instead of daily like before.

I'm not sure about your ribs. I just thought everyone's ribs were very very tinder like mine before they told me I had FM.

My non-medical advice is to push back. Make an appointment for just this if you are still in pain. Let them know your concerns have not been addressed and ask if there are any tests that can be done tell you want it is and if they is a way to stop the pain without meds.

Back