Not open for further replies.

SBee

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2023
Country
UK
Hi does anyone in the UK know how fibromyalgia is classified by either law or the NHS? I read conflicting reports from different sources and whilst it appears to be agreed it is a recognised chronic condition, does anyone know if if is actually classed as an actual disability?

I have found sources that a bill was put through parliament to have it recognised as a disability but it's proving hard to find a conclusive answer to how this went. And some sites discussing this subject seem a little out of date. Thanks.

Hi,
This may help:

Hi does anyone in the UK know how fibromyalgia is classified by either law or the NHS? I read conflicting reports from different sources and whilst it appears to be agreed it is a recognised chronic condition, does anyone know if if is actually classed as an actual disability?

I have found sources that a bill was put through parliament to have it recognised as a disability but it's proving hard to find a conclusive answer to how this went. And some sites discussing this subject seem a little out of date. Thanks.
I went to the doctors complaining of pain all through my body.i was diagnosed with fybromyalgia.if you go for pip it is recognised as a genuine medical condition you just have to be thorough with what u tell them.yes it is a medical condition.ive endured it for 25 years.hope this helps

Thanks @Ian waxman appreciate that. The way things are going health wise pip is something I am looking into. I have been looking at other UK forum members who have applied for this and know how hard it can be to achieve. ( had same problem myself when I had chronic fatigue 30 odd years ago)
So this time I am arming myself with as much advice and experience from others. One thing I saw on the Citizens Advice site was to ensure you describe yourself on the worse days or how you would be without usual meds ( if applicable ).
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back