mcleod66

Hi everyone
My name is Ian, I am 57 years old, I'm autistic, adhd, with serve PTSD, serve depression. I live with my partner and our son who is also autistic and nonverbal with learning difficulties. Around 2013, June, I had a major operation which saved my life, I was in operation theatre up to 11hours and woke up in intensive care. That night i had really bad pains in my chest even though i was on morphine and had an epidural in my back. After a long painful time they discovered a bruise on my heart due to the operation.
Since then I have been suffering from chronic pain but it was not until recently a dermatologist who was treating me for my skin conditions recommended I see a Rheumatologist who said after a lot of checks said I don't hat arthritis but I do have fibromyalgia which I never heard of. She did say that those who had autism have a very chance from suffering from fibromyalgia but she doesn't know what brings it on.
Since the operation the pain gets worse to the point that I can't do physical labour without the pain taking a serve toll on my body, it takes me 3 to 4 days to recover from one physical day of work.im finding it harder to cope not because of the fibromyalgia but also heds joint pain but everything else I have to cope with, the endless hospital appointments, countless pills.
So that us me, thank you for accepting me into your group.

Hi @mcleod66 :)

Welcome to the forums. 🤗🤗🤗

Browse around, you will find others you will identify with. The best thing about these forums is that we all know a bit about fibro, and just knowing you are not alone helps so much.

Please feel free to drop in where ever you feel inclined. That's really how this site works best. Sharing. 🤗🤗:):)

Back