New Member, diagnosed in 2012

Camm63

Hi, new here and still getting to know the forum. I'm 65 years old and live in Vermont. I'm interested in dietary changes and minor/moderate supplement use to help with fibromyalgia symptoms and pain. Also have diagnoses of rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. No knee cartilage to speak of. :sneaky: So I'm interested in any reasonable treatment or supplement possibility.

Greetings, and welcome!
Here is a post to get you started:

We here can always tell you the things that work for us in terms of drugs, supplements, exercise, attitudinal changes and other treatments, but since there is no one thing that works for everyone with fibromyalgia the most important thing to learn from the outset is that you have to do your own experimentation. What works great for one person may be really bad for another. So the thing to do is read everyone's posts and suggestions and the things that help them, choose something that appeals to you, and try it. If it doesn't help, try something else.

The main things are these:
Reduce stress as much as possible
Keep a positive attitude as well as you can
Do some form of exercise every day without fail
Eat the most healthy diet you possibly can (keeping in mind that what is healthy is an individual thing, but definitely avoid sugar and alcohol or at least keep those things to a minimum)
Get enough good sleep

Ask any questions you have, and we will be happy to do our best to help.
If you want people's experiences with anything specific, we will do that too.

Hi @Camm63

Welcome to the forums.

as @sunkacola mentioned, none of us are in a position to offer specifics.

We are a group of fibro afflicted people and this is a forum where ideas and suggestions and funny stuff and ....generally, support is offered.

Browse the forums, and as Sunkacola said, fibro is quite individual, it's trial and error, so what works for one, or even a number of people, may or may not work for you.

Back