Lyrica side effect or new symptom?

milknhoney

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
I haven't been officially diagnosed, but I'm pretty close! Neurologist said that's what he thought it was. Saw my primary doctor on Tuesday and he thinks it's fibro, he just wants me to have my follow up with the neuro to be officially told I don't have MS or anything else like that before diagnosing.

My doctor started me on pregabalin. I'm a little leery since so many people have a bad experience on it. But I'm desperate for some relief so I figured I would at least try it. I am on the lowest dose, 25mg caps once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and two in the evening. I'm to gradually increase once a week. So today is Thursday and I started it on Tuesday. No improvement yet but it's early and not taking much yet.

For the last two days, I've had small urine leaks. I don't usually have that problem but I am 48 and it can be a fibro symptom, can't it? When I google pregabalin side effects, I see it on the "rare" list so it's hard to tell if this is a side effect or just a new symptom... which seem to continually show up.

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if it went away as your body adjusted, or could I possibly have a full on accident as I increase dosage? I'm a little concerned!

I am on 75mg twice a day and have no side effects at all. You should mention it to your doctor. The side effects if any can slowly disappear as the body gets used to the drug in most cases. I'm glad it was not MS

For the last two days, I've had small urine leaks. I don't usually have that problem but I am 48 and it can be a fibro symptom, can't it? When I google pregabalin side effects, I see it on the "rare" list so it's hard to tell if this is a side effect or just a new symptom... which seem to continually show up.

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if it went away as your body adjusted, or could I possibly have a full on accident as I increase dosage?
pregabalin/Lyrica I thought I couldn't help with. But periodic urine small leaks in my case, lack of control of the relevant muscles, I relate to my GABA supp. Now the supp and the med work very differently, but the effects are related, so maybe I can help after all. In my case I'm not quite sure yet, still working on it, and seems related to my bladder pain before urinating, the urge, the frequency (OAB/PBS). Well my "working hypothesis" is, like is definitely the case with the bladder pain, that I have to find the right GABA dose.
So aside from my 2 big doses in the day time (2x0.6g) I have 10 small doses (0.2-0.3g) at night, which every time I get up for toilet, I decide if I feel I need another dose. The first two are set with the meal, that's my 3rd 0.6g, then 1 before going to bed and recently getting a focal seizure but bladder pain good I still felt I need to keep in the upper middle region, about 6-8 of the 10, then it seems to be in balance.
No idea what possibilities there'd be to spread the dose of the pregabalin, and I wouldn't recommend trying the combination with GABA unless you know your body extremely well, but this'd seem to fit as you're asking about dosage yourself...
if it went away as your body adjusted, or could I possibly have a full on accident as I increase dosage? I'm a little concerned!
In my case my serotonin levels regularly change, as they are influenced by cortisol, histamine, stress and other things, so for me I'd never have the mindset of my body adjusting to the supp, but in the past I haven't had to continually adjust, there's phases, and I use things like urine control as a clue.
My wife did suggest putting a small thin tampon in my pants. Not out of fear of a full on accident, but to protect the pants. As I take high dose vitamin B2/riboflavin which is neon yellow, it's kind of very noticeable when she does the washing... I did consider and have put one nearby as a reminder, but just when I decided, I got it back under control. Not accidentally, because talking about it reminded me to change the GABA dose, in my case increase it. Full on accident? Well I really hate the feeling of even this little bit of loss of control. Not sure if there's embarrassment in there, more just that I have a lot of control of my symptoms, and have always been proud of never dripping. And the feeling of if it's age. Obviously not though. But no, despite these circumstances I definitely don't fear a full on accident, because it's only some outer muscles and I still have full control of the inner muscles. If they'd go, then I might be in trouble. So: I doubt it. But if I wanted to be on the safe side, I'd have some protection nearby.... It won't come suddenly, if at all, you'd be forewarned, I'd think.

Thanks all for your input. So far today I haven't had that problem, so hopefully that was temporary. I now have a cold, pretty mild actually but piled onto the fibro it feels like the flu.ughh. Anyway, I really can't assess whether I am having side effects until my cold is gone. I do think my pain level is already lower so I'm hopeful!

Back