Just a Hi!

Cloud Kitten

Hello all, I have had fibromyalgia for 20 years and I have somehow kept working ( not sure how) Recently diagnosed with Vestibular Migraine after a bout of BPPV. Anyone else? I have lost time of work and I am not feeling good about this at all. I am trying to get back to work but I am off balance for most of the time and feel inadequate - currently waiting on whether my employer will allow me to go back whilst I am still 'off kilter'... Oh my, oh my ... 'Chin up' ( well actually, that makes me unsteady) 😂

I was a member of a UK forum years ago but it seems like it is gone now ---- any ideas or similar struggles welcome and appreciated

I have come of Betahistine as advised and now taking the odd cyclizne which is an anti sickness but this just makes me sleep and is not at all helpful as I feel drowsy and brain foggy to the extent that I fall into a fixed daydream .. Anyone else? I feel like this without it, it just adds to the problem

Hope you all have a positive day -- Sent with love for all fellow fmmers

Hi @Cloud Kitten
Welcome again :)

I don't think I have anything other than fibro, but now that I've been diagnosed it answers so many questions as to why this or that.

I have found the support and interaction on these forums excellent! I sure hope you find the same ;)

In the media section, somewhere is a meme and it refers to us as fibromites. I like that term ;)

hugs 🤗🤗🤗

Hi Cloud Kitten (I like your username, it reminds me of a childhood favorite book series called Warriors)

I've been experiencing a whole lot of BPPV too! I keep having providers try to convince me it's because of forest fires in other parts of the US (like the smoke carries over into my state or something like that). Meclizine is what I was given but it barely helps.

The gabapentin I take daily for chronic pain and functional tremors, makes me so foggy and drowsy. So I feel your struggle.

Hope you enjoy your day and find small pleasures throughout it

Back