DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2017
Country
US
State
WI
Hello Everyone,

Im new here. Signed up yesterday. I am a 38 year-old male who was diagnosed with fibro around 5 years ago. Ive had unexplained aches and pains for a better part of my life, since I was 10 at least. I used to get the insane stomach pains that would nearly make me pass out from the intensity. Went to many doctors, no one really had a good idea what was going on. It wasnt until I started seeing my current doctor and my own mothers diagnosis of fibro that it started being looked into for me. A few visits and a number of tests later, my doctor diagnosed me with fibro. Apparantly it has a genetic component. Not surprising seeing as multiple women on both of my families sides have it. Im the first male in our family known to have it.

Most days for me are pretty tolerable, but it gets intense at times too. Im happy to be here and would like to meet other people with similar experiences, which I am assuming would be most of us.

Curious, how many other men are here on this site? I know men arent diagnosed with this as often as women, but it may be very underdiagnosed as well.

Hello @AzraelEternal I'm female ( so can't help with the make side,but there are definitely makes on this forum 😁) but just wanted to say Hello and welcome. As you say we can all identify with most symptoms in varying degrees, external things seem to trigger some symptoms , like the weather or ( big one for me, extra stress ). Adds to the sometimes overwhelming times of living with a chronic condition

Hope you'll find a lot of helpful info and support on the forum.

Hi Azrael, welcome to our forum!
🎊✨🎇, we have a few male's on here @Badger is our one quite regular at the moment (I've called him using the @ symbol in front, if you want to do that in future) hope to learn more about you, interests, how you are (how you manage) anything, anything you want to talk about health wise (or need to grumble) we'll respond and listen
✨💙✨

Back