fybro and flu like symptoms

bstu

does anyone else feel like they're sick sometimes when having a bad flare up? i feel physically sick (nauseous, weak legs and arms, dropping things, struggle gripping things, hot and cold with sweats, really restless legs, sore or scratchy throat, tension in shoulders and headaches with a stuffy feeling) ??

i hate when i get like this, and i don't know if it's fybro related or my body is just really stressed out :/

Hello, your definitely not alone in having these same symptoms. Sometimes when I would have a bad flare I would have flu like symptoms and that I was about to get sick. But then the symptoms would disappear after I felt better. I'm sorry your suffering through these symptoms. I was recently diagnosed five months ago.

I was diagnosed w fibro & cfs & have had more days than I can count in past few years on which I feel fluish or terrible malaise. Have u been checked for Epstein Barre virus?

yes gosh you just described it perfectly. i think i'm getting sick and then once my pain backs off, the sick feeling backs off too. glad to know others experience this too and i'm not just crazy lol

Yes, definitely happens to me. I just wait to see if it is a cold or flu, but it rarely is. My daughter says if she had a dollar for every time I say "I feel like I'm getting a cold or the flu" she would be rich. Mine lasts anywhere from a day to a week.

does anyone else feel like they're sick sometimes when having a bad flare up? i feel physically sick (nauseous, weak legs and arms, dropping things, struggle gripping things, hot and cold with sweats, really restless legs, sore or scratchy throat, tension in shoulders and headaches with a stuffy feeling) ??

i hate when i get like this, and i don't know if it's fybro related or my body is just really stressed out :/
First… let your stress about all your issues go. If not, the shall inhibit any sort of recovery. Like Covid relax with it and let your body do the work. Worry will only prolong the issues you will have to go through. Acceptance is key.

This is pretty common with fibromyalgia, actually, so don't feel alone.

It's not inappropriate to treat yourself just as if you actually did have the 'flu or something of the kind, when you feel like this. Rest, fluids, healthy food, etc.

And most of all, do whatever you can manage to do that will reduce any stress you have in your life. Take this seriously, and work on it bit by bit if you need to, but take whatever steps you can. One of the things that every single person (as far as I know) who has fibro has in common is that stress makes it worse.

I am new here. I read your comment about the symptoms you have with fibro...and it is fibro. I have had all of these issues for years and years. Hard to believe that Fibro can cause so many issues. I wake up every day feeling like garbage with the majority of these symptoms. I have even taken my temp to make sure I wasn't sick. I feel that my symptoms are worse these days because I have cut off contact with my sister and toxic family. This in itself is so hard, thus the increase in pain, etc. It's a constant fight to maintain your body and emotional needs...so far not working. Thanks for listening!

I am new here. I read your comment about the symptoms you have with fibro...and it is fibro. I have had all of these issues for years and years. Hard to believe that Fibro can cause so many issues. I wake up every day feeling like garbage with the majority of these symptoms. I have even taken my temp to make sure I wasn't sick.
Hi auntchach, welcome to the forum. You will find some very caring members here who know there stuff on fibro.
fibro sure has way too many symptoms. Before I was diagnosed, everything was alway blamed on my spine It’s referred pain the say. Blah blah.
Was a blessing being told I had fibro. Atleast I know I knew it was different. We know our bodies.
I feel that my symptoms are worse these days because I have cut off contact with my sister and toxic family. This in itself is so hard, thus the increase in pain, etc. It's a constant fight to maintain your body and emotional needs...so far not working. Thanks for listening!
Oh family stress if a big flarer upper. I hope you find some helpful advice.
We’re all different so what help you might not help me but anything is worth a try.
Like spending the day with my 3 year old granddaughter who was teaching me “ joy yoga” oh boy to have a bendy body again . Though I gave it a good hard try sitting on the edge on the lounge 🤦🏻‍♀️

I am new here. I read your comment about the symptoms you have with fibro...and it is fibro. I have had all of these issues for years and years. Hard to believe that Fibro can cause so many issues. I wake up every day feeling like garbage with the majority of these symptoms. I have even taken my temp to make sure I wasn't sick. I feel that my symptoms are worse these days because I have cut off contact with my sister and toxic family. This in itself is so hard, thus the increase in pain, etc. It's a constant fight to maintain your body and emotional needs...so far not working. Thanks for listening!
It is indeed sometimes painful when we have to cut toxic people out of our lives, especially when those people are the very ones upon whom we feel we should be able to rely. But, while that emotional pain will be hard for a while, in time it may fade away, because you are no longer experiencing the toxicity. My hope for you is that after a while you will feel better overall, as a result of no longer having that stress in your life.
Having had to do that myself, I speak from my own experience and hope yours is like mine. And I feel stronger as well, because I made a strong move to take care of myself and not permit others, no matter who they are, to make my life harder than it already is.

Thank you! I appreciate your input. It has been nearly 8 months that I made the "no contact" move. It is hard. I am very alone tho. No family left after this, that is the hardest. But, you're right, some days, I feel so great (mentally) because I don't have the constant craziness in my life. It is just nice to hear from someone else who has experienced this. Thanks again.

Thank you! I appreciate your input. It has been nearly 8 months that I made the "no contact" move. It is hard. I am very alone tho. No family left after this, that is the hardest. But, you're right, some days, I feel so great (mentally) because I don't have the constant craziness in my life. It is just nice to hear from someone else who has experienced this. Thanks again.
I am also very alone, so I understand what you are saying. If I need help, there's no one for me to call on, so if I can't do something on my own it doesn't get done at all. I had a wonderful partner, but that person died years ago and since then I have had no one. It is very lonely. But it is better to be lonely than to have people in my life who make things worse for me. I proved that to myself conclusively by dating someone for a little over a year a few years ago, someone who ended up being abusive to me. I stayed for months longer than I should have in the relationship because I didn't want to go back to being lonely again, but of course ultimately I broke it off and was immensely relieved when I did. I wish I were not alone, but that's how things are and I accept it. Being alone makes life harder, especially when you have a disability. But being around someone who refuses to accept you as you are or who is abusive in any way is still worse, even if they occasionally help you with something.

Back